Among those that COVID-19 is hitting the hardest is our dear friends in the music and arts world. MANY are going to lose a lot of gigs this month, and what they rely on to get by.
What’s Up Newp and What’s Up Rhode Island are lending our platform and audience to our musician and artist community.
If there are musicians, artists, authors, and/or anyone else in the creative community that is interested, our platform can be yours for an hour. You can perform, you can read, you can tell stories, you can do you. Pitch your venmo, pitch your music, pitch your merch, pitch whatever it is that you need to to make sure that you have the resources you need until we can see you out and about soon.
If you’re interested in performing and taking over one or both pages, get in touch – Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.
Thanks to Jason Cardinal for getting the series started.
Find out more about Jason and support him here – https://www.jasoncardinal.com/
Check out this Live stream with one man band Jason Cardinal playing guitar, drums, harmonica, vocals all live. From RI and plays in Newport!
artist page -> Jason Cardinal
Support local music!
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune