Thirty local musicians took to the stage at Channing Memorial Church on Thursday night for the 12th Annual Singing For Shelter.
The musician played seasonal favorites and original tunes to the sold-out crowd to help raise money for the Mckinney Shelter and Lucy’s Hearth.
Musicians at this year’s event included Jack Casey, Ray Davis, Ed Ledwith, Tom Perrotti, Mike Fischman, Ed McGuirl, Rand Bradbury, Mark Gorman, Jimmy Winters, Carrigan Nelson, Timmy May, Michelle Siegal, John Monllos, Joanne Rodino, Matt Bruneau, Leslie Grimes, Dragonfly Marie, In Tandem, Jonathan Perry, Joe Lambiase, Julio Amaro, Rick Jones, Mike Jackson, Steve Rodrigues and Joe Potenza.
Begun in 2007 by Newporters Anne and Mark Gorman, Singing For Shelter has raised $65,000 for the island’s homeless shelters. The fundraising total for this year’s event will soon be announced.
The Latest From WUN
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton