2019 was an absolutely incredible year for What’s Up Newp.
When we look at website growth, What’s Up Newp has seen a 71% increase in website traffic year-over-year, have seen What’s Up Rhode Island Grow by more than 700%, and now have more than ten regular contributors pitching in on our websites. We’ve also relaunched What’s Up Stowe – a great resource for Stowe, Vermont.
We are filling a news void in all of our destinations, and especially in Newport County. In 2019, What’s Up Newp published 2,865 stories in 365 days, or an average of 7.8 stories a day — we publish 24/7 and have never been known to take a holiday or Sunday off. We are local, independent, your neighbors, active members of this community, and are here for you.
ICYMI – Editor’s Note: 2019 was a record year for What’s Up Newp, thanks to all of you
Here’s what people read the most over the last 12 months.
10. Newport Grand property to become ‘Newport North End’, $100-million mixed use development
9. Jay Leno surprises crowd at The Bit Players with twenty-minute comedy set
8. Jay Leno, supporters raise more than $30,000 for Newport firefighter battling cancer
7. Jay Leno to perform at Jane Pickens Theater, proceeds will support Newport Firefighter battling…
6. Here’s your opportunity to own a 133-year-old church in Newport
5. Fireworks, food trucks and live music on tap for Pell Bridge 50th Anniversary Celebration…
4. Gurney’s adds multi-sensory, themed igloos to property for the winter season
3. Newport Restaurant Group opening new restaurant in Washington Square
2. City of Newport’s Fourth of July Fireworks will be held on July 2nd (Updated)
1 – The Bachelorette will film in Newport at end of March (Updated)
Read More from What's Up Newp