STATE HOUSE – State Rep. Deborah Ruggiero will host a constituent conversation on “The Power of Education” in Jamestown in January.
The forum will be held in Jamestown at the Jamestown Philomenian Library, 26 North Road, on Monday, Jan. 6, at 6:30 p.m. with Jamestown Superintendent Ken Duva providing the local perspective and Rhode Island Education Commissioner Angelica Infante-Green sharing the state perspective. All are welcome to join in on the conversation.
Representative Ruggiero held a very well-attended similar forum in Middletown Dec. 10, during which the attendees engaged in a lively and organic conversation ranging from the commissioner’s vision on education to the importance of collaboration and parent involvement.
“The state and local communities need to embrace the power of education as economic development. Rhode Island has to set a course and stay the course when it comes to education,” said Representative Ruggiero (D-Dist. 74, Jamestown, Middletown) in a press release. “We had a tremendously interesting and thoughtful discussion at the event in Middletown about how it’s going locally and what the future of education in our state should look like. The commissioner has a very refreshing approach and a great sense of humor. I’m really looking forward to another engaging conversation about education here in Jamestown.”
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf