Systems Engineering Associates Corporation (dba SEA CORP) of Middletown recently announced that their company was one of four contractors awarded on December 17th a five-year, $49.5 million Multiple Award Contract from the Platform & Payload Integration Department, Code 40, of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) in Newport.
According to SEA CORP, “both hardware and services will be provided under this contract vehicle. Work performed will include many activities on Deep Submergence Systems – Scope of Certification (DSS-SOC) items including ship checks, design activities, installation, and removal”.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to continue competing and performing on task orders that support NUWC Code 40,” Business Area Manager Rob Anton commented in a prepared statement. “We look forward to delivering our technical expertise and providing exceptional support to the U.S. Navy.”
SEA CORP is a veteran-owned business based in Middletown, RI. Founded in 1981, they have been providing services to the Navy for over 35 years.
SEA CORP has enjoyed steady, planned growth for over three decades. During this time, SEA CORP has become the second largest contractor to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport.
SEA CORP has grown to employ over 400 people, who are located across their 3 Middletown offices, their two Groton facilities, and on-site locations including NUWC Division Newport, Fairfax, Virginia, and Manassas, Virginia.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author