On Friday October 18th 4.30 pm at Innovate Newport, the Project offers audiences a preview of its opening concert at String Sessions. Perfect for the audience member on-the-go or those who want a sneak peek of our concerts, String Sessions reinvent the traditional concert format – presenting short concerts (45-60 minutes of music) in unconventional spaces, that give audiences a way to experience chamber music in a relaxed and approachable atmosphere. Refreshments and gathering at 4.30pm – Music at 5pm. This is a FREE event.
On Saturday, October 19 at 2pm, the Newport String Project presents its Season Opening Concert. The afternoon will feature a dynamic program of works by Dvorak, Schumann and Montgomery. In celebration of the Museum’s current exhibition Forever Young: Representations of Childhood and Adolescence, the concert will feature a performance of Schumann’s “Scenes from Childhood”, arranged for string quartet. The afternoon will also include Dvorak’s autumnal String Quartet in E-flat and Jessie Montgomery’s soaring Duo for Violin and Cello.
Tickets $15 Museum Members; $20 Non-Members; $35 Supporter Tickets All tickets include admission to the Museum.
Tickets available at https://newportartmuseum.org/events/newport-string-oct-2019/
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals