On Friday October 18th 4.30 pm at Innovate Newport, the Project offers audiences a preview of its opening concert at String Sessions. Perfect for the audience member on-the-go or those who want a sneak peek of our concerts, String Sessions reinvent the traditional concert format – presenting short concerts (45-60 minutes of music) in unconventional spaces, that give audiences a way to experience chamber music in a relaxed and approachable atmosphere. Refreshments and gathering at 4.30pm – Music at 5pm. This is a FREE event.
On Saturday, October 19 at 2pm, the Newport String Project presents its Season Opening Concert. The afternoon will feature a dynamic program of works by Dvorak, Schumann and Montgomery. In celebration of the Museum’s current exhibition Forever Young: Representations of Childhood and Adolescence, the concert will feature a performance of Schumann’s “Scenes from Childhood”, arranged for string quartet. The afternoon will also include Dvorak’s autumnal String Quartet in E-flat and Jessie Montgomery’s soaring Duo for Violin and Cello.
Tickets $15 Museum Members; $20 Non-Members; $35 Supporter Tickets All tickets include admission to the Museum.
Tickets available at https://newportartmuseum.org/events/newport-string-oct-2019/
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup