Newport City Councilors are set to meet tonight to discuss the City’s existing rules governing liquor licenses in a City Council workshop.
The workshop is open to the public and is scheduled to begin at 6 pm in the Council Chambers at Newport City Hall.
The workshop was called for during the recent discussion that was had by Council and the public when two new hotels on the Newport waterfront asked Council to increase the liquor license cap to facilitate their needs. Those hotels have both since gone and purchased liquor store licenses and are in the process of converting them to Class BT licenses.
For background and more information on Alcoholic Beverage Licenses in the City of Newport, visit the Code of Ordinances 5.12.010. – Alcholic Beverage Licenses.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals