Karen Louise (Connelly) Ricci, 78, died peacefully with her loving family at her side on Thursday, August 29, 2019.
She was the wife of Anthony F. Ricci. She was the daughter of the late Neil Connelly and Margaret (Gorman) Connolly. After her mother’s death, she was also raised by her stepmother, the late Frances (Baumann) Connolly.
Karen was a graduate of St. Xavier Academy in 1959 and Salve Regina College in 1963. She taught Grades 3 and 4 for 30 years in the town of Portsmouth.
In addition to her beloved husband, she is survived by their precious children, Scott Ricci and his companion Lisa, Penelope Ricci and her companion Angelo Padula, and Kristin Allain and her husband John.
She also leaves her grandsons Tommy, Matthew, Christopher, Zachary and Danny, her brothers-in-law Theodore Feurer and Thomas E. Ricci.
She was predeceased by their children, Margaret Henley and Christopher Ricci, also her sister-in-law Marie O’Brien.
Visitation will be held Tuesday, September 3, 2019 from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM in the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:00 in St. Barnabas Church, 1697 East Main Road, Portsmouth. Entombment will follow at Newport Memorial Park, Middletown.
Donations in her memory may be made to the Robert Potter League for Animals, PO Box 412, Newport, RI 02840 .
See the full obituary here – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Karen-Ricci
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals