The Newport Police Department has provided the following press release regarding upcoming road construction.
On Monday, July 8, 2019, The Town of Middletown and its contractor C. Brito Construction Utility will begin repairs to the town’s sewer main. The Town of Middletown’s sewer main from the Wave Ave pump station runs the length of Memorial Blvd and exits into the City of Newport sewer system in the intersection of Americas Cup Ave at Thames Street. The repairs will occur to the Town of Middletown section of pipe on Memorial Blvd West at Thames Street and will begin on Monday, 07/08/19 at 6am. Work will occur during daylight hours until the project is completed by the end of the week, July 12, 2019
No roads will be closed and vehicle traffic will be maintained to all streets with detours and lane shifts. Motorist can expect delays and are urged to seek alternate routes.
Police officers will be onsite to facilitate with the flow of traffic.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf