Jaws Summer Party is now a 2-day Celebration with two nights of Jaws screenings and activities.
Tuesday July 23rd:
~ Live Music by The Z-Boys at 6:30 pm
~ Film at 7:30 pm
~ Narragansett Beer+ What’s Up Newp will be hosting an after party immediately after the screening of Jaws at Brick Alley Pub! We’l be buying the first 50 folks thru the door a Gansett and we’ll have swag, games, and more! Event begins at 10 pm.
Wednesday July 24th:
~ Live Music by The Teledynes at 6:30 pm
~ Film at 7:30 pm
~ Narragansett Beer will be joining us both nights. Stop by their table and win some swag, or buy some exclusive Jaws + Gansett Swag.
~ Clean Ocean Access will be joining us once again for our annual screening of Jaws! Stop by and check out their table in the lobby either night and learn about how you can help them keep our oceans clean for sharks, and other creatures!
~ Save The Bay – Narragansett Bay’s Exploration Center and Aquarium will be on hand to share what they are doing to protect and improve Narragansett Bay and the sharks (other creatures too) that live here by bringing their traveling touch tank where movie goers will be able to experience live animals all from our local waters. They will even be handing out coupons to visit their aquarium on first beach!
~ Enjoy the “Crush It Like Quinn” Narragansett Beer Experience on both nights.
This event has completely sold-out over the last couple of years. Get your tickets now to make sure you are not left out of the fun!
~ Tickets are $10pp and are now available for purchase at http://janepickens.com/shows/jaws.
* This movie is rated PG (somehow) and is family-friendly and open to all ages.
* JPT does have adult beverages, soda, water and snacks available for sale in their lobby.
* JPT is air-conditioned.
* Stop by and chat with our friends from Clean Ocean Access, they’ll have a table in the lobby.
If you or your business/organization would like to get involved in this event, please contact Ryan@whatsupnewp.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits