Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today:Increasing clouds, with a high near 26. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 14. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this evening
- Today:NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight: W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 34.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:11 am | Sunset: 5:42 pm
- High Tide: 7:41 am & 7:55 pm | Low Tide: 12:53 am & 1:21 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 31 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Waning Crescent. Moon age is 29 days, lighting is 0%
Things To Do
- Ongoing – 42nd Annual Newport Irish Heritage Month
- 3 pm – Teens: Silent Book Club at Newport Public Library
- 3:30 pm – Unified Basketball vs Mt Hope HS at Portsmouth High School
- 4 pm – Surf Club Love: 4-Course Meal Deal to Benefit the MLK
- 4 pm – Taproom Tunes ft. Dave Schneider Quartet at Newport Vineyards
- 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm – Everybody Knows at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Flight Night Wednesdays at Brix
- 5 pm – Military Appreciation Nights – First Wednesday of every month! at Ragged Island Brewing
- 6 pm – Almy Pond Preservation Presentation at Newport Public Library
- 6 pm – A Plastic Ocean Film Screening at O’Hare Academic Building
- 6:30 pm – NP Newport Social 2.0 with November Project Newport
- 6:40 pm – Fermentation Class: Taste Around the World at Forty 1 North
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Buskers Irish Pub – Open Mic at 9 pm
- Fastnet Pub – Trivia at 9 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Everybody Knows at 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar – Live music with Brian Scott at 9:30 pm
- Newport Playhouse – Lone Star Love Potion at 11 am
- Newport Vineyards – Live music with Dave Schneider Quartet at 4 pm
- Parlor Newport – Open mic at 8 pm
- Sardella’s – Live jazz music with Dick Lupino and friends at 8:30 pm
- Wharf Pub – Bingo with Becky at 8 pm
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill