Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today:Sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Today:W winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming SW 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt this afternoon. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight: W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 34.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:13 am | Sunset: 5:41 pm
- High Tide: 7:08 am & 7:22 pm | Low Tide: 12:12 am & 12:47 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 28 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Waning Crescent. Moon age is 28 days, lighting is 2%
Things To Do
- Ongoing – 42nd Annual Newport Irish Heritage Month
- 10 am – Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver LGBT Support Group
- 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm – Everybody Knows at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Mardi Gras 2019 Celebration at Gulf Stream Bar & Grille
- 5 pm – Clean Ocean Access Inaugural Annual Meeting at Newport Yacht Club
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Jane Pickens Theater – Everybody Knows at 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm
- Narragansett Cafe (Jamestown) – Trivia from 7 pm to 9 pm
- O’brien’s Pub – Trivia at 8 pm
- One Pelham East – DJ Nook at 10 pm
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates