Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tonight: Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. Northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Today:W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight: NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft in the evening, then 1 foot or lessW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 37.9 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:53 am | Sunset: 6:54 pm
- High Tide: 5:09 am & 5:42 pm| Low Tide: 11:38 am & 11:20 pm
- Daylight: 12 hours of sun.
- Lunar: Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 10 days, lighting is 78%.
Things To Do & Entertainment Listings
- Ongoing – 42nd Annual Newport Irish Heritage Month
- 10 am to 12 pm – Brick Alley Pub’s 9th Annual Post Parade Day Clean-Up
- 10 am – Seal Watching Tour
- 10 am – Portsmouth High School Athletics Mattress Fundraiser
- 10 am & 11 am – Seal Watch Tour with Save the Bay
- 11:45 am – Seal Watching Tour
- 12 pm – Run Ragged Running Club at Ragged Island Brewing
- 12 pm – Freezin For Forster: St. Patrick’s Day Polar Plunge
- 3 pm – Wicked Weird & Wily Yankees at Redwood Library
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Apollo 11 at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Join us for our 2nd Anniversary Party! at Ragged Island Brewing
- 7 pm – Second Sunday Stand-Up at Newport Blues Cafe
- What’s Up in Newport: Things to do, live music, entertainment, and more (March 12 – 18)
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Atlantic Resort (Middletown) – Live music with Mac Chrupcala Jazz Series from 3 pm to 7 pm
- Clarke Cooke House – Live music with Bobby Ferreira at 12:30 pm
- Diego’s Barrio & Cantina (Middletown) – Karaoke at 7 pm with Erin Toppas
- Fastnet Pub – Live music via Irish Sessions at 6 pm
- Fifth Element – Live music from 12 pm to 3 pm
- Hotel Viking – Jazz Brunch with live music with Chris Vaillancourt from 11 am to 3 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Apollo 11 at 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm
- Jo’s Bistro – Live music from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Karl’s Park Ave Pub (Portsmouth) – Live music at 4:30 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar – Live music from 4 pm to 7 pm
- Narragansett Cafe – Live music with Blue Roots Bandw from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Newport Blues Cafe – Second Sunday Stand-Up at 7 pm
- Newport Playhouse – Lone Star Love Potion at 11 am
- Pour Judgment – Live music with The Kane Brothers at 3 pm, Los Duderinos at 9 pm
- Speakeasy Bar & Grille: Live music with Dave Alves at 8 pm
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates