Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today;
- Today:Partly sunny, with a high near 50. South wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. South wind 8 to 14 mph.
- Today:S winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less, then around 2 ft this afternoon.
- Tonight: S winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 37.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:58 am | Sunset: 6:51 pm
- High Tide: 1:48 am & 2:25 pm| Low Tide: 7:33 am & 7:35 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 53 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Waxing Crescent. New Moon. Moon age is 7 days, lighting is 46%.
Things To Do
- Ongoing – 42nd Annual Newport Irish Heritage Month
- 12 pm – Economic Update – Energy Infrastructure: A Regional Need at Brix
- 4:30 pm – Everybody Knows at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Beer + Burger Night Thursdays at Brix
- 5 pm – March Newport Gallery Night at Newport Galleries
- 5 pm – Teens: DIY Sock Puppets at Newport Public Library
- 5:30 pm – John Clarke’s World (RSVP full and closed) with Newport Historical Society
- 6 pm – Wine-d Down: JourneyDance by MOGA at Newport Vineyards
- 6 pm to 7 pm – Brass Qui ntet at the Newport Art Museum
- 6 pm to 8 pm – Student History Trivia Night at Gulf Stream Bar & Grille
- 6 pm – Art of Hand Lettering Workshop at Styled By Jenna
- 6:30 pm – City of Newport Waterfront Commission Meeting
- 7:30 pm – A Tuba To Cuba at Jane Pickens Theater
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Antonio’s Pizza – Trivia at 8 pm
- Celtica – Trivia at 9 pm
- Fastnet Pub – Live music with The Metabollix at 7 pm
- Gulf Stream Bar & Grille (Portsmouth) – Student History Trivia Night at 6 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Everybody Knows at 4:30 pm, A Tuba To Cuba at 7:30 pm
- Karl’s Park Ave Pub (Portsmouth) – Karaoke at 8 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar– Live music with John Erikson at 9 pm
- Newport Playhouse – Lone Star Love Potion at 11 am
- Speakeasy Bar & Grill – Live music with Timmy Smith at 9 pm
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals