Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do out there today.
- Today:Sunny, with a high near 43. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Today:N winds around 5 kt, becoming SW this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Tonight: SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 36.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:59 am | Sunset: 6:50 pm
- High Tide: 12:52 am & 1:28 pm| Low Tide: 6:24 am & 6:29 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 51 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Waxing Crescent. New Moon. Moon age is 6 days, lighting is 36%
Things To Do
- Ongoing – 42nd Annual Newport Irish Heritage Month
- 11 am – Hiring Fair at Newport Marriott
- 11:30 am – HR Roundtable: Focus Group on Workforce Housing at Bank Newport
- 3 pm – Teens: Silent Book Club at Newport Public Library
- 4 pm – City of Newport Historic Cemetery Advisory Commission Meeting
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Can release night! at Ragged Island Brewing
- 4 pm – Drones, Security Breaches and You at Pell Center
- 4 pm – Taproom Tunes ft. Dan Blakeslee at Taproot Brewing
- 4:30 pm – Everybody Knows at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Flight Night Wednesdays at Brix at Newport Vineyards
- 6 pm – Meal Time Matters: Feeding your Pets Better at Potter League
- 6:30 pm – City of Newport City Council Meeting
- 6:30 pm – Fermentation Class: Burgundy at Forty 1 North
- 7 pm – Movie Night “A Man and a Woman” at Newport Car Museum
- 7:30 pm – A Tuba To Cuba at Jane Pickens Theater
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Buskers Irish Pub – Open Mic at 9 pm
- Fastnet Pub – Trivia at 9 pm, 11 pm – Live music with The Metabollix
- Jane Pickens Theater – Everybody Knows at 4:30 pm, A Tuba To Cuba at 7:30 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar – Live music at 9:30 pm
- Newport Playhouse – Lone Star Love Potion at 11 am
- Newport Vineyards – Live music with Dan Blakeslee at 4 pm
- Parlor Newport – Live music with Los Duderinos at 9 pm
- Sardella’s – Live jazz music with Dick Lupino and friends at 8:30 pm