Discover what’s up in and around Newport today.
- Today:Sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tonight: Clear, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Today:NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight: NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the evening. Waves around 2 ft in the evening, then 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 37.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 7:01 am | Sunset: 6:49 pm
- High Tide: 12:02 am & 12:34 pm| Low Tide:5:34 am & 5:38 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 48 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Waxing Crescent. New Moon. Moon age is 5 days, lighting is 26%
Things To Do
- Ongoing – 42nd Annual Newport Irish Heritage Month
- 10 am – EBCAP Community Playgroup at Miantonomi Park
- 4:30 pm – Everybody Knows at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Ocean Science Speaker Series #5 at Newport Public Library
- 7:30 pm – A Tuba To Cuba at Jane Pickens Theater
Live Music & Entertainment
- Fastnet Pub – Live music with The Metabollix at 10 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Everybody Knows at 4:30 pm, A Tuba To Cuba at 7:30 pm
- Narragansett Cafe (Jamestown) – Trivia from 7 pm to 9 pm
- O’brien’s Pub – Trivia at 8 pm
- One Pelham East – DJ Nook at 10 pm
The Latest From WUN
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th