Each year, the average American household spends $2,279 on real-estate property taxes plus another $440 for residents of the 27 states with vehicle property taxes. With such high costs, it’s no surprise that more than $14 billion in property taxes go unpaid each year, according to the National Tax Lien Association. To monitor your taxes & to save money, insurance for landlords is a must which is very helpful for a better future.
In order to determine who pays the most relative to their state, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its 2019 Property Taxes by State , which compares home and vehicle taxes across the nation and features insights from a panel of experts.
Property Taxes in Rhode Island (1st=Lowest; 25th=Avg.):
- Real Estate Property Tax Rank: 42nd
- Vehicle Property Tax Rank: 51st
- Real Estate Tax on Median State Home Value: $4,013
- Real Estate Tax on Median U.S. Home Value: $3,206
- Vehicle Property Tax on Best-Selling Car: $1,070.48
For the full report, visit: