Here’s what’s up for today in and around Newport.
- Today – Areas of drizzle with scattered showers before 4pm, then areas of drizzle after 5pm. Areas of fog before 9am, then areas of fog after 4pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 42. Northeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight -Areas of drizzle before 8pm, then a chance of showers, mainly after midnight. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 39. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Gale Warning in effect from late Friday night through Saturday morning
- Today – NE winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 3 ft. Patchy fog. A slight chance of rain. A chance of drizzle this morning. Vsby 1 to 3 nm this afternoon.
- Tonight – NE winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming SW after midnight. Waves around 3 ft. Patchy fog. A chance of rain after midnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 36.0 °F
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun will rise in Newport at 6:50 am and sunset will be at 5:09 pm.
- The first low tide was at 2:29 am and the next low tide will be at 2:56 pm. The first high tide will be at 9:16 am and the next high tide at 9:35 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 2 days, lighting is 4%.
- 4 pm – The Favourite at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – City of Newport Newport Housing Authority meeting
- 4:30 pm – City of Newport HACN Park Holm Redevelopment LP meeting
- 5:30 pm – Green Drinks Newport at Seamen’s Church Institute
- 6 pm – City of Newport Council Executive Session
- 6 pm – City of Newport Council Workshop
- 6:30 pm – Fireside Lecture: Tipping the Scales at Norman Bird Sanctuary
- 7:30 pm – Joni 75: A Birthday Celebration at Jane Pickens Theater
- 8 pm – Tell Newport: Swipe Right at The Firehouse Theater
- What’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport this week (Feb. 4 – 11)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Feb. 4 – 11)