Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today:A chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight: Snow, mainly before 5am. Low around 23. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Today:N winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming S this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less. A chance of snow this afternoon.
- Tonight: Se winds around 5 kt, becoming NE after midnight. Waves 1 foot or less, then around 2 ft after midnight. Snow. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 33.1 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:22 am | Sunset: 5:34 pm
- High Tide: 1:59 am & 2:23 pm | Low Tide: 9 am & 7:48 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 12 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Last Quarter. Moon age is 23 days, lighting is 44%
Do you have news, a tip, a story idea, or something that you think would be of interest to our readers? Let us know! Email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.
Things To Do
- 10 am to 9 pm – Newport Skating Center at Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina
- 3 pm – Teens: Silent Book Club at Newport Public Library
- 4 pm – Taproom Tunes ft. Chris Vaillancourt at Newport Vineyards
- 4:45 pm – Stan & Ollie at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Brix Fixe Winter Dinner Special!
- 5:30 pm – Every Gravestone Tells a Story at Newport Public Library
- 6 pm – Texas BBQ Buffet to Benefit MLK Community Center at North End Steakhouse
- 7 pm – Comedy Show featuring Kelly MacFarland at Naval Station Newport
- 7:30 pm – They Shall Not Grow Old at Jane Pickens Theater
- More: What’s Up in Newport: Things to do, live music, entertainment, and more (Feb. 26 – Mar. 4)