Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today:Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Windy, with a west wind 23 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.
- Tonight: Clear, with a low around 21. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.
- Storm Warning in effect from 9 am EST this morning through this evening
- Today:W winds 20 to 25 kt, increasing to 25 to 30 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 45 kt. Waves around 6 ft, subsiding to 4 ft this afternoon. At the Bay entrance, waves 8 to 9 ft.
- Tonight: W winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 45 kt, diminishing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt after midnight. Waves around 3 ft, except 6 to 7 ft at the Bay entrance. Light freezing spray.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 37.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:25 am | Sunset: 5:31 pm
- High Tide: 12:04 am & 12:27 pm | Low Tide: 5:41 am & 5:32 pm pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 6 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 21 days, lighting is 65%
Things To Do
- 4 pm – 2019 Blood Drive at St. George’s Ice Rink
- 4:45 pm – Stan & Ollie at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – Microchip Clinic for Dogs & Cats at Potter League for Animals
- 7:30 pm – They Shall Not Grow Old at Jane Pickens Theater
Live Music & Entertainment Listings