Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today:Increasing clouds, with a high near 33. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Snow before 11pm, then rain and sleet between 11pm and midnight, then rain after midnight. Patchy fog after 11pm. Temperature rising to around 38 by 5am. Southeast wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Today:N winds around 5 kt, becoming S this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less. A slight chance of snow this afternoon.
- Tonight: Se winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 2 ft, building to 4 ft after midnight. Snow in the evening, then rain and freezing rain after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Vsby 1 nm or less, increasing to 1 to 3 nm after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 35.1 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:33 am | Sunset: 5:25 pm
- High Tide: 8:07 am & 8:32 pm. Low Tide: 1:19 am & 2:16 pm
- Daylight: 10 hours and 52 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Full Moon. Moon age is 15 days, lighting is 100%
Things To Do
- Newport Winter Festival continues – Schedule Here
- Newport Burger Bender continues – More Info Here
- 10 am – Winter Festival: Bwana the Iguana the Reptile Guy! at Hotel Viking
- 12:30 pm & 2:15 pm – Seal Watching Tour
- 3 pm – Teens: Silent Book Club at Newport Public Library
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Hotel Viking Fire + Ice Bar
- 5 pm to 7 pm – Frosé Pops, Fudge & Fire at Newport Vineyards
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Flight Night Wednesdays at Brix
- 5:45 pm & 8 pm – Cold War at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Pub Trivia Challenge at Redwood Library
- 6 pm – Wine & Cheese Class at Newport Vineyards
- 6:30 pm – Fermentation Class: Sparkling Wine at Forty 1 North
- 7 pm – Theodore Roosevelt and the Start of the American Century at Pell Center
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Buskers Irish Pub – Open Mic at 9 pm
- Fastnet Pub – Trivia at 9 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Cold War at 5:45 pm & 8 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar – Live music with Brian Scott at 9:30 pm
- Parlor Newport – Live music with Larry Brown’s Swinglane Orchestra at 8 pm
- Sardella’s – Live jazz music with Dick Lupino and friends at 8:30 pm
- Wharf Pub – Bingo with Becky at 8 pm