Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport this week.
- Today:Rain likely, mainly before 7 am. Patchy fog before 9 am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 43. West wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight:Mostly clear, with a low around 27. West wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through Thursday morning
- Today:W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 6 ft. Patchy fog this morning. A chance of rain this morning with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tonight: Se winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 3 ft, building to 5 ft after midnight. Rain. Sleet in the evening. Patchy fog after midnight. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 37.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:42 am | Sunset: 5:17 pm
- High Tide: 1:13 am & 1:45 pm. Low Tide: 7:10 am & 7:07 pm
- Daylight: 10 hours and 35 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: First Quarter Moon. Moon age is 8 days, lighting is 51%
Things To Do
- 8 am – Valentine’s Bake Sale at The Pennfield School
- 8 am – City of Newport Trust & Investment Commission meeting
- 3 pm – Teens: Silent Book Club at Newport Public Library
- 4 pm to 7 pm – Taproom Tunes ft. Leslie & Matt at Newport Vineyards
- 5 pm & 7:30 pm – Cold War at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – Centennial Speaker Series with Trudy Coxe at Seamen’s Church Institute
- 6 pm to 8 pm – Beer Mug Painting at Ragged Island Brewing Co.
- 6 pm to 9 pm – Beyond the Ring Networking at Queen Anne’s Loft
- 6:30 pm – Fermentation Class: Mediterranean Cuisine at Forty 1 North
- 6:30 pm – City of Newport City Council Meeting
- 7 pm – Movie Night – Vanishing Point at Newport Car Museum
Live music & Entertainment Listings:
- Buskers Irish Pub – Open Mic at 9 pm
- Fastnet Pub – Trivia at 9 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Cold War at 5 pm & 7:30 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar – Live music with Brian Scott at 9:30 pm
- Newport Vineyards – Live music with Leslie & Matt from 4 pm to 7 pm
- Parlor Newport – Open mic at 8 pm
- Sardella’s – Live jazz music with Dick Lupino and friends at 8:30 pm
- Wharf Pub – Bingo with Becky at 8 pm
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)