- Saturday – Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 34. North wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night –Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind 6 to 10 mph
- Saturday – N winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Saturday Night – NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 34.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:45 am and sunset will be at 5:14 pm.
- The first low tide was at 5:01 am and the next low tide will be at 5:11 pm. The only high tide of the day will be at 11:58 am.
- Today we have 10 hours and 29 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:59 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 6 days, lighting is 31%.
Things To Do
- 5 pm & 7:30 pm – Cold War at Jane Pickens Theater
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport