Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
Today – Increasing clouds, with a high near 31. North wind 7 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tonight – A slight chance of snow between 4am and 5am, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to near 28 by 8pm, then rising to around 36 during the remainder of the night. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Small Craft Advisory in effect until 11 am EST this morning
Today – N winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt, diminishing to 5 to 10 kt this afternoon. Waves around 3 ft this morning, then 1 foot or less.
Tonight – E winds around 5 kt, becoming se with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 1 foot or less, then around 3 ft after midnight. A chance of rain after midnight.
Sun, Moon, & Tide:
The sun will rise in Newport at 7:12 am and sunset will be at 4:32 pm. The first low tide was at 1:21 am and the next low tide will be at 2:15 pm. The first high tide will be at 8:33 am and the next high tide at 8:52 pm.
Today we will have 9 hours and 20 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:52 am. Moon age is 1 day, lighting is 1%.
Things To Do:
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission
- 6 pm – Auditions for Lone Star Love Potion at Newport Playhouse
- 6:30 pm – City of Newport Planning Board Meeting
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 1 – 7)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 1 – 7)
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season