Here’s whats’ on tap for today in and around Newport.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -14. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind 13 to 15 mph..
Marine Forecast for Narragansett Bay
- Small Craft Advisory in effect until 4 PM EST this afternoon
- Today – W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight – W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 32.0 degrees
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:57 am and sunset will be at 5:00 pm.
- The first high tide was at 4:35 am and the next high tide will be at 4:56 pm. The first low tide will be at 11:09 am and the next low tide at 10:23 pm.
Things To Do
- 12 pm to 3 pm – Wellness For Bartenders at Diego’s Newport
- 2 pm – NT LIVE: I’m Not Running at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm & 7:45 pm – The Favourite at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Beer + Burger Night Thursdays at Brix
- 6 pm to 8 pm – Podcast like a PRO: Get going, get listeners & grow your brand! at Parlor 200
- 6:30 pm – Surf Club’s Chicken & Beer Dinner
- 7:30 pm – Ravel, Montgomery and Schickele at the Firehouse Theater
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 28 – Feb. 4)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 28 – Feb. 4)
- What’s Up Newp Event Calendar
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck