Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Increasing clouds and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -15. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -12. Blustery, with a northwest wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
Marine Forecast For Narragansett Bay
- Gale Warning in effect through this evening
- Today – NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Waves around 3 ft, except 6 to 7 ft at the Bay entrance. Freezing spray.
- Tonight – NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Waves around 3 ft, except 5 to 6 ft at the Bay entrance. Freezing spray in the evening.
- Water Temperature – 37.0 °F
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:06 am and sunset will be at 4:48 pm.
- The first low tide was at 12:33 am and the next low tide will be at 1:42 pm. The first high tide will be at 7:33 am and the next high tide at 7:59 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 42 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:57 am. The lunar phase is a Full Moon. Moon age is 15 days, lighting is 100%.
Things To Do
- Newport Wellness Week runs from January 19th to 25th
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – On The Basis of Sex at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 10 pm – Italian Cuisine for a Cause: Fundraiser Benefiting MLK Center at Sardella’s
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations