- Today – A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 34. North wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Today – N winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft. A chance of snow showers this morning.
- Tonight – NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the evening. Waves around 3 ft.
- Water Temperature – 39 degrees
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun will rise in Newportat 7:10 am and sunset will be at 4:39 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:59 am and the next high tide will be at 1:20 pm. The first low tide will be at 6:48 am and the next low tide at 6:54 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 29 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:54 am.
- The lunar phase is a First Quarter Moon. Moon age is 7 days, lighting is 47%.
Things To Do
- 4 pm – Mondays with the Masters II (Ages 5-8)
- 4 pm – Teens: Comic Book Storytelling at Newport Public Library
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – On The Basis of Sex at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6:45 pm – PFLAG Newport Meeting
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 8 – 14)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 8 – 14)
- What’sUpNewp Events Calendar
The Latest From WUN
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)
- What’s Up Newp videocast explores Rhode Island Housing Crisis
- Obituary: Paulette Henshaw