- Today – Sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Tonight- Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this evening
- Today – NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight – NW winds 10 to 15 kt, diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
Sun, Moon, & Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:11 am and sunset will be at 4:36 pm.
- The first low tide was at 4:06 am and the next low tide will be at 4:34 pm. The first high tide will be at 11:03 am and the next high tide at 11:31 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 25 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:53 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 4 days, lighting is 20%.
Things To Do:
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – On The Basis of Sex at Jane Pickens Theater
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 8 – 14)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 8 – 14)
- What’sUpNewp Events Calendar
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)