Irma French (Price), 84, of Middletown, Rhode Island, passed away on January 14, 2019 surrounded by her loving son and the caring staff at the John Clarke Nursing Home.
Irma was born June 6, 1934 in Port Chester, NY to the late Lafayette Price and the late Mildred Price.
She lived in Chicopee, Massachusetts most of her life before moving to Northport, Florida in the 1980’s and finally settling in Middletown in 2015. She was an avid amateur photographer who loved to catch a picture of anybody or anything at a moment’s notice. Although a very private person, she would brighten anybody’s day with her quick wit and personality.
Irma is survived by her son Robert Gelina of Middletown, and her daughter Laurie Page and her husband Michael of Chicopee, MA. She is also survived by three grandchildren and five great grandchildren. Her first husband Robert P. Gelina of Port St Lucie, Florida and Brother-in-law Ralph Lamothe of Northport Florida.
She was preceded in death by her sister Arlene Lamothe and husbands Ralph Shone and George French.
At her request, all services are private.
See the full obituary from Memorial Funeral Home, here – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Irma-French
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools