Just four months after opening, Mr. Tim’s Kid Corner on the corner of Spring Street and Broadway has been forced to close due to damages sustained during the gas outage.
“Due to the destructive situation of Newport having no heating fuel during an extreme cold snap, pipes in our building froze and then burst wide open, destroying Kid Corner’s play room resources,” their website stated this week. “We have been forced to permanently close”.
Mr. Tim’s Kid Corner, which was owned by Tim Johnson, served as a play room and place for children to gather and just be kids.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances