The Newport Democratic City Committee will hold a forum on gun safety on June 18 from 6:30 to 8:00pm at the Claiborne Pell Elementary School. The forum, which will have members of gun safety organizations as well as local leaders, will discuss the rights of gun owners, gun safety legislation that has been introduced in the State of Rhode Island, and community safety, as well as policies and procedures that are in place to keep Newport schools safe.
“Through our strategic planning process, we have decided collectively that the Newport Democratic City Committee will be holding community forums on issues that matter to people here in Newport and across the country,” said Bud Cicilline, Chair of the group. “This is the first of a series of discussions the Committee plans to have around the City.”
The Committee invites all community members to attend and participate in this forum. There will be brief presentations by each member participating as well as a time for questions and answers.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season