A Public Forum presented by the One Newport NPS Strategic Plan Subcommittee And Alliance for Livable Newport (ALN) highlighting the student experience within Rogers High School and Thompson Middle School was held at Claiborne Pell Elementary School on May 1st.
At “Students of Newport Public Schools Speak Out”, Thompson and Rogers School students talked about their future aspirations and the roles education and the community play in making life choices. The forum was an opportunity to understand the perspectives of Newport’s young people as they navigate technology, social media, classroom traditions, extracurricular activities, family pressures and a rapid change in the labor market.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend