U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse announced today his support of Democratic Candidate Dawn Euer in the state senate race representing Jamestown and Newport (Senate District 13).
The announcement came via a news release provided by the campaign for Dawn Euer for State Senate.
“I’m proud to endorse Dawn Euer to be the next senator for District 13. Dawn is a smart attorney and has the experience necessary to hit the ground running:, Senator Whitehouse said in the release. “She is committed to rooting out corruption in government and taking proper measures to ensure that so-called dark money is brought into the light. Her commitment to the environment and climate change will ensure that her district, completely surrounded by water, has great representation at the RI State House.”
“I am honored to have the support of Senator Sheldon Whitehouse with whom I share so many ideals and values. I am eager to get to work for the people of Jamestown and Newport and look forward to working with Senator Whitehouse to spur investments in renewable energy development, climate resiliency, and job creation for Rhode Island.” Euer said.
Euer will face off against Republican candidate Mike Smith, Independent candidate Kim Ripoli and Green Party candidate Gregory Larson in a special election on Tuesday, August 22nd.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more