With National Grid’s proposed rate increase of 53% on the energy portion of your electric bill, Lt. Governor Dan McKee is urging Rhode Islanders to seek alternatives.
McKee joined us to talk about the rate hike, and how Rhode Islanders can avoid paying the legislature’s upcoming special session on September 19th, including the controversy surrounding the proposal to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox.
This interview, as can be heard, appeared on AM 1540 WADK Newport on
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts