Beginning on Thursday, June 1st, The Attwater a Lark Hotels boutique property in downtown Newport, will host a weekly outdoor yoga class for hotel guests and those staying at nearby sister property Gilded. Classes will run from
Classes will run from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm on The Attwater’s sunny back deck or indoors in the event of inclement weather. On the third Thursday of each month, The Attwater will open its doors to the community for yoga from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, followed by an hour-long pop-up shop featuring notable local makers in The Attwater café. The weekly yoga series will continue through September 29th.
Taught by Emily Moyer from Newport’s Community Yoga Center for Wellness, the Vinyasa-style yoga classes will cost $15 for On a Lark Club members, and $20 per class for hotel and community guests. Hotel guests that would like to join the On a Lark Club to take advantage of the discount, and myriad other benefits, can do so on the Lark Hotels website. Classes are limited to 8 participants, so reservations are strongly encouraged.
Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite or can be paid in cash to the instructor upon arrival. The class price of each class includes a complimentary seasonal smoothie made by The Attwater team. Guests are asked to bring their own yoga mat, but the instructor will have a few extra on hand as well. On a Lark Club members can receive a special code by calling the front desk at The Attwater or Gilded.
The monthly public class dates and pop-up partners are:
Thursday, June 15: Farmaesthetics
Thursday, July 20: Balance on Thames
Thursday, August 17: Gather Apothecary + Tea Bar
Thursday, September 21: Newport Sea Foam Trading Co.
Built in 1910, The Attwater is a coastal chic Newport hotel with unconventional flair. The hotel was awarded a coveted spot on Conde Nast Traveler’s Hot List in 2013 and was described as bringing “youthful energy” to Newport by Travel + Leisure. With 17 bright, spacious rooms and suites that pop with color and unusual nautical touches, The Attwater is located within walking distance of Newport’s beaches, prime shopping and dining areas, and the famed Cliff Walk and mansion district. For more information about The Attwater, or its sister property Gilded, visit www.larkhotels.com, or follow them on Instagram at @theattwater and @gildedhotel.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now