Photo via Preservation Society of Newport County
The holiday season kicks off this weekend in and around Newport, RI!
- Emmanuel Church Holiday Fair, Saturday, November 21- 9 AM- 3 PM. Join Emmanuel Church for a great day featuring local crafters, silent auction, bake sale, children’s activities and much more! They will once again be hosting a Lasagna Dinner and Holiday Fair Preview Night on the Friday night before the annual Holiday Fair. Any vendors who wish to sell on Friday night are encouraged to do so at no additional rental cost. (Please note that the silent auction will not be available until Saturday.) They are still looking for more vendors! If you would like to participate, please email us in the parish office at email@example.com!
- Christmas at Newport Mansions Opens, November 21 (Running through January 3, 2016). Beginning November 21, 2015 and running through January 3, 2016, guests are invited to join The Preservation Society of Newport County to create holiday memories as they enjoy music, tours, a gingerbread mansion contest, shopping events and visits from Santa Claus at three of America’s most outstanding historic houses. More Info
- Newport Polar Express Starts, November 21 & 22 (Running every weekend through December 20). Experience the magic as the classic children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg comes alive while the all-First Class train journeys to the North Pole. Don’t forget to wear your pajamas! Elves, chefs, and the Hobo will visit the cars, reading from the book, visiting with the children, and handing out hot chocolate and cookies. Be sure to have your tickets handy because the iconic Conductor will be visiting each table to punch each child’s ticket and make sure they truly “believe”. More Info & Tickets
- Newport Seal Watch Cruises, November 21 & 22 from 10am – 12pm. Join us aboard one of our education vessels as we motor through historic Newport Harbor and take in 360 views of seals resting on Citing Rock off of Rose Island and the Newport Bridge. One-hour seal tours are entirely boat-based, while two-hour tours include a tour of Rose Island Lighthouse. One hour tour: $22 non-members, $17 Save The Bay members, seniors, children aged 3-12 Two-hour tour: $42 non-members, $32 Save The Bay members, seniors, children aged 3-12, $5 children under 3 years
- November Owl Prowl, November 21 from 4:30pm – 6:30pm at Norman Bird Sanctuary. Learn how to ID owl species by sight and call before we head out on the trails. We will listen for wild owls who are setting up their nesting territories. After our night hike, we will return indoors for hot chocolate and a chance to meet our captive Barred Owl up close! Don’t miss this often sold-out program, which is offered once only 3 times this season.
- Bricks & Sticks Architecture Tour, November 21 at 11am. 11am- Explore Newports exquisitely preserved architecture, from the colonial-era to the Victorian splendor of lower Bellevue Avenue. Reservations required as space is limited, call 401.841.8770. Tours cost $15 per person, $10 Newport Historical Society members and active duty military with ID. Newport History Tours is a partnership between the Newport Restoration Foundation and Newport Historical Society.
- Stuff The Truck, November 21 from 9am – 12pm at Riverhead Building Supply in Middletown. Mixx 99.3 will be hosting a holiday food drive. non-perishable food items needed!