Perry Mill Tavern & Music Hall, formerly the Rhino Bar & Grille, has been sold. The property had been on the market for almost one year.
The property was purchased by Surf Club LLC, also known as Larry Silverstein and Patrick Kilroy (co-owners of Midtown Oyster), from J.H. Enterprises LLC. The duo opened Midtown Oyster Bar at 345 Thames Street in June, 2013.
The restaurant, bar, nightclub and patio located at 337 Thames Street in downtown Newport was listed recently by Lila Delman Real Estate and Gustave White Sotheby’s Realty for $999,000. It is unknown at this time how much the property was sold for.
According to the listing, the purchase of the property includes the real estate, equipment, all permits and licenses. The property has a capacity for 384 guest inside and 117 outside.
Besides Midtown Oyster Bar and now Perry Mill Tavern, the Kilroy family are also involved in ownership and management of The Lobster Bar, The Landing, One Pelham East, Studio 3 and Star Bar.
The Class BT alcoholic beverage license at Perry Mill Tavern has already been transferred to the new ownership and the group has been approved for a new entertainment license.
Sources tell us Perry Mill Tavern & Music Hall expects to operate “as is” until probably the fall.
Become A What’sUpNewp Member
Stay Up To Date. Be Part Of A Community. Show Your Support.
You want to know what’s happening, new, and to do in your community. We make it easy.
When you become a What’sUpNewp Member, you get:
- What’sUpNewp Morning Edition, our hand-crafted and curated email newsletter that gets you up-to-speed on all that’s happening, new, and to do across Newport County and across Rhode Island each morning, exclusive to What’sUpNewp members.
- Breaking News Alerts, we’ll email you from time-to-time with news and stories we think you need to know about immediately.
- You’ll have access to a private What’sUpNewp Community Forum Facebook Group, exclusive to What’sUpNewp members.
- You’ll be able to access special deals and discounts, both big and small businesses approach us with exclusive offers that we pass along to members via private email.
- Access to some of our What’sUpNewp content before anyone else.
- Invites, access, and special offers to attend What’sUpNewp events.
- Other surprises. We’re always looking for ways to surprise and delight our members.
And it costs just $5 per month, that’s just $1.25 per week to help to not only maintain the vibrancy of WhatsUpNewp as a significant and reliable source for lifestyle news about Newport, Rhode Island specifically, and Rhode Island generally, but to help us expand our in-depth coverage of significant news events in our community and throughout the area.