Newport, RI – Newport is home to a wonderfully diverse variety of world-class restaurants, from fine dining to deliciously casual. ith countless delicious options and some of the most talented culinary artists in the world, dining out in Newport regularly can sure get expensive. f you are a foodie or just looking to make that paycheck go as far as it can here in Newport, the What’sUpNewp Crew has compiled a long list of great deals, discounts, and specials.
Editor’s Note: We strive for accuracy and try to keep this continually up to date, but sometimes a restaurant ends or changes a deal without notifying us. With more than 70 restaurants, it’s impossible for us to know if something has been changed immediately. Please check with your server or restaurant staff upon visiting any restaurant to make sure the deal is still active.
Did we miss something? E-mail us at Ryan@whatsupnewp.com
Last Updated: August 12th, 2017 – This story is updated routinely, as we receive updates from restaurants on an almost daily basis.
Discounts and deals are subject to change at any moments notice
Antonio’s Pizza By The Slice | 150 Connell Highway | Phone: 401-846-1124
- Monday – Buy 2 slices, get the 3rd free.
- Game Time Special – 50% off wings when a New England sports team plays.
Benjamin’s Raw Bar | 254 Thames Street | Phone: 401-846 8768
- Daily – Happy Hour Raw Bar from 12pm to 2pm, $1 oysters, $1 shrimp and 50 cent clams.
- Daily – Early Bird Specials for $13.95, choose from prime rib, lobster or fish of the day
- Tuesday – Happy Hour Raw Bar available all day, $1 oysters, $1 shrimp and 50 cent clams.
Brix at Newport Vineyards | 909 East Main Road | Phone: 401-848-5161
- Wednesday – BRIX Flight Night: Book your wine – OR – beer flight each Wednesday and enjoy your own personal tasting of 4 wines or 4 draft beers for $10.
Buskers Irish Pub & Restaurant | 178 Thames Street | Phone:401-846-5856
- Daily – 10% off food purchase with Military ID
Cafe Zelda | 528 Thames Street | Phone: 401-849-4002
- Monday -Discounted Dinner Specials
- Tuesday thru Thursday – 3-course prize fixe for $32.
Caleb & Broad | 162 Broadway | Phone: 401-619-5955
- Monday – All entrees are $10
- Tuesday – 1/2 price bottles of wine.
Diego’s | 11 Bowen’s Wharf | Phone: 401-619-2640
- Tuesday – Nacho Night from 5 pm to close.
- Thursday – Taco Night from 5 pm to close.
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday – $5 Brunch Combo Special from 9am-1pm! Purchase any of our select brunch items and a cocktail of your choice and your meal is just $5!
Easton’s Beach Snack Bar | 175 Memorial Blvd. | Phone 401-855-1910
- Daily – Twin lobster roll and fries for $16.87
Flo’s Clam Shack | 4 Wave Ave. Middletown | Phone: 401-847-8141
- Thursday – All You Can Eat Crab Legs for $17.95 from 5 pm to 8 pm (while supplies last).
- Friday – Prime Rib Friday for $9.96 (while supplies last).
Fluke Newport | Bannister’s Wharf | Phone: 401-849-7778
- Monday & Tuesday – $15 fish & chips/steak frites
Gulf Stream Bar & Grille | 1 Lagoon Road Portsmouth | Phone: 401-293-0930
- Monday – Nachos $9 and trivia
- Tuesday – Taco Tuesday $2
- Wednesday – Wine & cheese $15
Harry’s Bar & Burger | 464 Thames Street |
- Daily – 1/2* priced burgers from 3-5pm daily. *Eat in Only with purchase of beverage
Hotel Viking | One Bellevue Avenue | Phone: 401-848-4813
Top of Newport Kitchen + Bar
Monday: Craft Burger and Draft Beer, $11.99 – Each week, the culinary crew creates a unique handcrafted super burger and pairs it with a draft beer. The menu, featuring locally sourced beef from Sunset Farms, is available 2 p.m. –9 p.m.
Tuesday: Taco-Rita Tuesday, $11.99 – Tuesday is Taco-Rita Day featuring Top of Newport’s take on mouthwatering tacos paired with a specially crafted margarita. Offered 2 p.m. –9 p.m.
Wednesday: Spirits & Stogies, $65- Curated dinner experiences showcase a weekly spirit and cigar selection paired with a three-course menu created by Chef Barry Correia. Special guest hosts share expertise and encourage interaction. Dinners begin at 6 p.m.
Friday: Start at the Top Half-Price Raw Bar – Kick off the weekend with Top of Newport’s Half-Price Raw Bar, a delectable spread showcasing the freshest seafood including succulent shrimp and locally sourced oysters on the half shell and littleneck clams accompanied by an assortment of condiments. Offered 2 p.m. –6 p.m.
Sunday: Bloody Mary Bar – We provide the fixings, you do the mixing. Concoct the perfect Bloody Mary blending vodka with any combination of celery salt, celery stalks, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, horseradish, assorted hot sauces, olives and black pepper. Offered 2 p.m. –5 p.m.
One Bellevue Lounge & Patio
Sunday–Thursday, 5-10pm: Paella for 2 served with a bottle of house wine, $59
Chef Barry Correia’s Paella for 2 is loaded with shrimp, scallops, cherrystone clams, Portuguese chorizo and a 1.5-pound lobster served on a bed of saffron rice.
Daily: Classic Afternoon Tea, $17.95
Indulge in a classic assortment of freshly prepared teas sandwiches, assorted scones served with lemon curd, tea breads, truffles, petit fours and a selection of Mighty Leaf teas. Offered 2 p.m. –4 pm.
Daily Specials, $15, 11am-10pm
Monday: Truffle Frites and Moules
Start the week off right with mussels and chorizo in a lobster broth served with truffle fries and an ice-cold Newport Storm Beer.
Tuesday: Lobster Sliders and Clam Chowder
Two-fer Tuesday brings two Narragansett Bay lobster salad sliders served with a cup of chowder and an ice-cold Stella Artois.
Wednesday: Mimosa and Tart
Dig into savory puff pastry, Toy Box tomatoes and creamy chèvre cheese served with a champagne mimosa.
Thursday: Vino, Kabob and Curry
Get your grille on with a beef-and-vegetable kabob served with curry rice and a glass of house red wine.
Jo’s Bistro | 24 Memorial Boulevard | Phone: 401-847-5506
- Sunday thru Wednesday – Soup or Salad, Select Entree and glass of wine or beer for $20.95
Mama Leone’s | 266 Bellevue Avenue | Phone: 401-847-7272
- Monday – Beat The Clock from 5 pm to 9 pm, the time you call is the price you pay for a large cheese pizza. Call at 5:01 pm, pay $5.01! $1.49 additional charge for pepperoni
- Wednesday – 1/2 price boneless wings all day. Limit 2 8piece or 1 16piece. Dine-in, pickup, or delivery.
Marina Cafe & Pub | 3 Marina Plz | Photo: 401-849-0003
- Monday – 1/2 priced appetizers all day.
- Wednesday – $10 Fish & Chip entrees all Day.
Midtown Oyster Bar | 345 Thames Street | Phone: 401-619-4100
- Tuesday – Champagne & Shells from 4 pm to 10 pm, buy a glass of champagne and receive 3 complimentary oysters, or a bottle and receive 12 complimentary oysters.
Mudville Cafe | 8 West Marlborough Street | Phone: 401-619-0800
- Monday thru Friday – 50% off all appetizers from 3 pm to 5 pm.
- Monday – Monday Night Football Special – Burger & A Beer $9
- Tuesday – $2 tacos all day. $10 Dos Equis pitchers.
- Wednesday – Bottle of wine and a cheese board for $30
- Thursday – Portuguese cuisine night.
- Friday: $10 any pizza, $10 pitchers of Bud Light, $15 pitchers of premium drafts.
- Saturday: Irish Appreciation DAy – Fish n’ Chips and a Guinness for $14
- Sunday: 50 cent wings, $3 tenders, $10 pitchers of Bud Light, $15 pitcher of premium drafts.
O’brien’s Pub | 501 Thames Street | Phone: 401-849-6623
- Monday – 35 cent wings from 5 pm to 10 pm. Free pool.
- Wednesday – Half price large grilled pizzas from 6 pm to 10 pm.
Pour Judgement | 32 Broadway | Phone: 401-619-2115
- Daily – Burger & Beer for $9.50
Sardella’s Italian Restaurant | 30 Memorial Boulevard | Phone: 401-849-6312
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday – Dinner for two special for $18, add a bottle of wine for an additional $12.
Smoke House | 31 Scotts Wharf
- Sunday thru Thursday – Half-off entire food menu from 10 pm to 12 am.
Speakeasy Bar & Grille | 250 Thames Street | Phone: 401-846-0514
- Monday & Tuesday – 2 entrees for $35
- Wednesday & Sunday – 3 apps for $29
- Thursday & Friday – Surf & Turf Menu $15 – $25
Tavern On Broadway | 16 Broadway | Phone: 401-619-5675
- “Half Price Apps” – Monday to Saturday: 4 pm – 6 pm – All appetizers are half off between 4 pm and 6 pm Monday to Saturday.
- Tuesday – Dinner For Two from 5 pm to 10 pm – two apps, two entrees, and a shared dessert with a bottle of wine for only $40
- Wednesday – Buck A Shuck from 5 pm – 10 pm.
- Sunday – Between 10 am and 2 pm on Sunday, order an entree from our brunch menu and receive a complimentary Mimosa or Bloody Mary.
The Port | 359 Thames Street | Phone: 401-619-5892
- Thursday thru Sunday – Lobstermania from 4 pm to 6 pm for $18.95
Tickets Bar & Grille | 15 Aquidneck Ave, Middletown | Phone: 401-847-7678
- Thursday – Dinner for 2 with bottle of wine for $25.95
- Friday & Saturday – Prime Rib Night for $14.95
Wharf Pub | 37 Bowen’s Wharf | Phone: 401-619-5672
- Monday – Half Price Tater Tots from 5 pm – 9 pm.
Did we miss something? E-mail us at Ryan@whatsupnewp.com