Website Newport Restoration Foundation
Newport Restoration Foundation seeks to add an experienced carpenter to its crew, undertaking historic preservation projects on nearly 80 buildings in Newport, RI. Required: applicant must have at least 5 years’ experience in rough framing, finish carpentry, and wood siding and roofing, and have the tools for the trade, a valid license and reliable transportation. This position also requires the ability to work on elevated surfaces such as ladders, staging, and roofs. Must be able to multitask and work both independently and with others. Applicant must be able to speak and take direction in English. Preferred: experience in historic preservation, timber frame construction, and millwork. The position is 40 hours a week; Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Benefit package included. Equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application at Newport Restoration Foundation, 51 Touro Street, Newport, RI 02840.
Name and contact number and e-mail
Past employment and experience
Desired hourly rate
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Become A What’sUpNewp Member
Stay Up To Date. Be Part Of A Community. Show Your Support.
You want to know what’s happening, new, and to do in your community. We make it easy.
When you become a What’sUpNewp Member, you get:
- What’sUpNewp Morning Edition, our hand-crafted and curated email newsletter that gets you up-to-speed on all that’s happening, new, and to do across Newport County and across Rhode Island each morning, exclusive to What’sUpNewp members.
- Breaking News Alerts, we’ll email you from time-to-time with news and stories we think you need to know about immediately.
- You’ll have access to a private What’sUpNewp Community Forum Facebook Group, exclusive to What’sUpNewp members.
- You’ll be able to access special deals and discounts, both big and small businesses approach us with exclusive offers that we pass along to members via private email.
- Access to some of our What’sUpNewp content before anyone else.
- Invites, access, and special offers to attend What’sUpNewp events.
- Other surprises. We’re always looking for ways to surprise and delight our members.
And it costs just $5 per month, that’s just $1.25 per week to help to not only maintain the vibrancy of WhatsUpNewp as a significant and reliable source for lifestyle news about Newport, Rhode Island specifically, and Rhode Island generally, but to help us expand our in-depth coverage of significant news events in our community and throughout the area.