The Preservation Society of Newport County is looking for an Associate to support the Human Resources team with full scope HR responsibilities including recruiting, performance management, systems/processes, reporting, compliance and administrative duties. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter. The candidate will have the chance to work across departments and interact with members of the staff on a variety of projects. This is a part-time (24 hours/week M-F).
• Support day-to-day operations of the HR department.
• Provide internal support to employees around benefits, company policies and general HR questions.
• Assist in the administration of new hires, terminations, status changes, performance management and benefit programs.
• Participate and support HR initiatives and projects related to learning and development, on-boarding/orientation, employee engagement and compliance.
• Provide recruitment support, including updating and posting job descriptions, scheduling interviews, screening resumes, gathering interview feedback and planning recruitment related activities.
• Assist in auditing and clean up of HRIS data.
• Provide support in compliance management, filing, document copying, maintaining and auditing HR files, I-9 documentation auditing, and assist with maintaining compliance with legal requirements.
• Research and make recommendations on assigned HR initiatives.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
• High degree of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality while handling sensitive information.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented; strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving abilities; results focus with execution and follow-through; ability to work independently as well as on a team; flexibility.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Customer service experience strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office including Microsoft Outlook, experience with database systems a plus.
Note: We do not post compensation online
Please email a cover letter and resume with contact information for professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 424 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840. To view all open positions please go to www.newportmansions.org and click on the careers section.