More InformationPROJECT MANAGER
To manage the facilities and resources of the PSNC heritage to ensure the long term viability of the buildings. While the position has a practical focus, the incumbent is not required to personally provide maintenance in all instances but to manage trades-people who have the specific skills required for the job. Proven management and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate, direct and provide effective and positive communication with employees.
PRIMARY WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week. Primary schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm, however hours and days may vary in order to meet the operational needs of the organization. Special projects or events may require occasional evening or weekend work. Responsible to provide assistance during emergency situations.
• Advanced knowledge of plumbing and septic systems, oil/gas heating systems, chimney and electrical maintenance and repair with emphasis on historic architecture.
• Test and report the safe usage and handling of hazardous materials.
• Possess fundamental ability to track expenditures and maintain a budget.
• Flexibility to work independently, and in team settings.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to exercise good judgment.
• Integrity, credibility and dedication expected when interacting with PSNC tenants and outside contractors.
• Must follow all rules and regulations in the PSNC Personnel Policy and Safety Program.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities while maintaining a flexible behavior and approach towards assignments.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and assess work order requests in an equitable and prioritized way assigning and overseeing Maintenance Dept staff’s daily and weekly duties, based upon a sense of urgency.
• Advise the Properties Director of any potential problems in meeting assigned project schedules or potential budget shortfalls.
• Interact both orally and in writing with all PSNC departments, subordinates, contractors and committees.
• Authorize purchase of necessary materials within the scope of work and budget guidelines.
• Recommend and oversee all maintenance staff hiring, disciplinary actions, and annual reviews.
• Forecast and design a short and long term program associated with the building services, facilities and equipment to proactively prevent and anticipate for potential upcoming maintenance and emergency situations that may arise.
• Assist in the development and operation of maintenance recording systems including timeline tracking, costs, and outcomes to ensure that work is carried out within agreed parameters and organizational priorities.
• Review and develop processes and procedures associated with regular maintenance tasks that ensure for minimal interruption to the daily operations within the building.
• Manage the projects and maintenance program for all aspects of the buildings in conjunction with the Director of Properties.
• Ensure that all statutory compliance systems and OSHA requirements are fulfilled, maintained and adhered to, as required.
• Research and develop a plan to incorporate environmentally sustainable systems and design into the building wherever possible, within budgetary constraints.
• Coordinate and provide a free flow of information to all applicable staff and tenants regarding work that is being carried out that may affect and impact their working conditions.
• Maintain a database of preferred contractors and regular service providers in a central location for use by staff, if required.
• Assist with the creation of work proposals, source, obtain and review bids, and present to the Director of Properties in an effort to adhere to current and future operating budgets.
• Develop yearly manpower budget for staff development and training needs and ensures training is scheduled and attended.
• Supervise all storm and emergency related work to include preparation, response and mitigation, clean up and recovery in order to maintain operational standard.
• Participate in other projects as directed by the Executive Director and Director of Properties.
• Manage and oversee the maintenance of all heating, air conditioning, electrical, fire and plumbing systems and essential services.
• Develop procedures to ensure that PSNC vehicles and equipment are properly stored and maintained.
• Ensure that all necessary compliance systems are in place and that regularly scheduled checks are carried out.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• College Degree in Construction Management, Historic Preservation or related field. Other combination of work experience and education will be considered.
• Certification in Project Management or equivalent to 10-15 years documented Project Manager experience.
• 5 plus years of Historic Preservation and Architecture experience.
• Must be OSHA certified.
• Must possess superior planning, organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience with all phases of selection and management of subcontractors.
• Strong working knowledge of MS-Windows Suite.
Please email a cover letter and resume with contact information for professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 424 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840. View our website to submit an application directly at www.newportmansions.org and click careers .