More InformationThe James L. Maher Center fosters independence and opportunities, promotes dignity and advances integration in housing, employment and social engagement for individuals with developmental or other disabilities through customized programs in order to meet their diversified needs.
Position: Direct Support Professional
Schedule: Full & Part Time, Mother Hours, Weekends, Overnights, Flexible Hours
• Provide direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities fostering independence through active participation
• Provide services to persons with developmental disabilities within the context of an environment that is free from any type of
abuse, neglect, mistreatment or any other human rights violation
• Must work closely with the Residential Nurse to support clients with medication administration and other related duties -
where applicable - while fostering an atmosphere and environment of healthy physical-living
• Ability to lift, bend and transfer - if/when necessary - when supporting clients
• Provide personal care/hygiene support when necessary
• Possible use of own vehicle, providing transportation for activities and appointments
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
• Flexibility & Dependability
• Ability to work in a team oriented setting
• Good oral and written communication skills and competencies
• Applicant must pass a National Criminal Background check.
• Valid Driver's License
• High School Diploma or GED required
*Full Benefits Package for Full Time employees