Contact InformationContact Careers
: Newport/Middletown, Rhode Island, USA
More InformationJob Description
The Leasing Specialist is responsible for coordinating the community’s marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
In this role, the Leasing Specialist can be expected to respond to all incoming requests for information from prospective residents. This includes, but is not limited to: emails/electronic inquiries, touring the property with prospective residents, follow up phone calls and emails, and being knowledgeable of the community as well as all leasing paperwork, policies, and move-in procedures.
The leasing specialist is also responsible for assisting the Property Manager/Assistant Manager with current residents. This includes, but is not limited to: answering questions about current and renewal leases, submitting resident work order requests and light filing/office management duties as needed. Some night and weekend hours may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site), and spreadsheet management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2 years’ experience in leasing, property management or sales
- Background check and pre-employment drug test required