: $ 25.00
More InformationThe James L. Maher Center located in Newport, RI is seeking a Full-Time professional individual to join our team as a JOB COACH, the schedule varies based on needs of participants.
• Provide clients with direct on the job and in the community assistance in the mastery of required skills.
• Submit accurate and timely documentation of all services provided, and maintain an up-to-date filing system.
• Assist referred clients through the career planning process, developing a resume of work experience and skills mastered, and conducting vocational profiles of skills and interests.
• With assistance of others, match referred clients with available jobs.
• Serve as contact person for clients, employers, and families.
• Promote and assist client self-advocacy throughout the employment process.
• Assist client with developing a network of natural supports at work.
• Collect data related to client productivity.
• Perform other work related tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
• Achieve a CESP certification in the position
• One year of experience working with people with disabilities and relevant experience in the field of vocational training.
• Individual must possess qualities of independence, reliability, and initiative.
• A willingness to work a flexible schedule is required.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred however a combination of education and experience may be accepted.
• Valid driver’s license
• A favorable National Background check.