Contact InformationContact Barbara Barron
: 401-846-0340 x 116
: Newport, RI, Newport
: $ 25.00
More InformationThe James L. Maher Center located in Newport, RI is seeking a Full-Time professional individual to join our Human Resources team. The Human Resources Assistant will work closely with the Human Resources Administrator assisting with the day-to-day operations of the human resources department. Duties will include: recruitment, compliance, employee relations, benefits, training and development.
Candidate should possess 2-3 years of experience in a Human Resources environment.
• Communicate effectively and clearly with all applicants, employees, managers, corporate staff and co-workers.
• Assist with the recruitment and interview process.
• Conduct phone screenings and schedule interviews.
• Conduct reference checks.
• Handling all sourcing of candidates, including job posting, job fairs, newspaper ads, DOL postings, etc.
• Have a working knowledge of Social Media platforms as it relates to recruiting.
• Updating of employee personnel files.
• Work with Payroll Coordinator to process bi-weekly payroll
• Manage LOAs and associated paperwork.
• Handle employee reference request and non-wage related DLT paperwork/hearings.
• Prepare correspondence and reports.
• Administration of and communication regarding company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state requirements.
• Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects as they evolve.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience in HR preferred
• Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must possess organizational skills.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to manage, maintain and protect confidential data.
• Valid driver’s license.
• A favorable National Background check.
• Associates degree preferred.
Salary: To be discussed at interview