Local and Independent. Engaged Readers. Cost-Effective Advertising
Our team believes that great local advertising helps to supplement great local content. Our aim is to partner with companies to create great local advertising that readers actually want to see and engage with.
We work with our advertisers to craft campaigns that are effective at reaching a large, local audience.
Our local advertising philosophy:
- Relevance: Communicate a value proposition that is genuinely of interest to your target audience readers.
- Authenticity: Emphasize your local connection and communicate on a personal, native level.
- Actionability: Give highly-engaged viewers a way to purchase, sign up or learn more.
- Brevity: Readers value their time, so we help you keep it concise.
We offer partnerships, display advertising, sponsored content, and more. Check out our information below, or drop us a line if you think you’d be a perfect fit for one of our sites.
Founded in 2012, What’sUpNewp is Newport, Rhode Island’s most-read local news and lifestyle publication.
What’sUpNewp was recognized in 2018 by Rhode Island Monthly readers as Rhode Island’s best local news website. What’sUpNewp is a member of Local Independent Online News Publishers (LION) and Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE). What’sUpNewp has been the recipient multiple grants, including one in 2018 to report on Affordable Housing.
Boasting a highly-engaged audience of about 45,000 monthly users, What’sUpNewp is produced in Newport, for those who live in, and for those who travel to and love Newport and Newport County.
Our advertisers are passionate about Newport and enhancing the local community. If you think you’re a good fit for our site, let us know.
From the award-winning team behind What’s Up Newp, What’s Up RhodeIsland was launched in September 2018 and is quickly becoming the source for What’s Up in Arts, Entertainment and Lifestyle in and around Rhode Island.
Boasting a highly-engaged audience of about a 5,000 monthly users, What’sUpRhodeIsland produces more original Arts, Entertainment, and Lifestyle coverage and content than anyone else in the market.
Audience & Demographics
The typical What’s Up Newp & What’s Up Rhode Island reader is an affluent young professional between the age of 25-44, per Google Analytics.
But we also reach a wide range of locals, including military families, local government leaders and long-time Newport residents.
- Ages: 18-24: 27.5%, 25-34: 33.5%, 35-44: 15.5%, 45-54: 12.5%, 55-64: 5.5%, 65+: 5.5%
- Gender: Male: 54.15% | Female: 45.85%
- Top 5 Cities (WUN) – Newport, New York, Middletown, Boston, Providence.
- Top 5 Cities (WURI) – Newport, New York, Providence, Boston, Middletown
What’sUpNewp & What’sUp RI Offer An Unparalleled Reach
- 144,000 Pageviews each month (Avg. monthly page views in 2019)
- 95,722 Unique Visitors each month (June 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019 stats)
- 25,000+ Facebook Fans
- 17,000+ Email Subscribers
- 13,000+ Instagram Followers
- 6,000+ Twitter Followers
Our goal is to partner with companies to create great local advertising that readers actually want to see and engage with.
Current Advertising Opportunities
Discounts for six month campaigns are 10% off, and twelve month campaigns or more are 20% off. Email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com for more information on bulk purchases.
Click on the links below for more information and to purchase now, get started!
Premium Brand Packages
We are currently seeking a limited group of brand advertisers for our premium packages. This well-rounded marketing package gets your message across to hard-to-reach local consumers. Premium brand packages include everything you need to consistently and effectively reach your target audience.
Typically a 728×90 (banner) ad and a 300×300 (square) ad. Ads rotate throughout website. Ads are actionable and click thru to your website/homepage.
- Display Advertising: Combo | WUN or WURI (Monthly) | $300
- Display Advertising: Combo | WUN AND WURI (Monthly) | $450
- Display Advertising: Combo | WUN or WURI (6 months) | $1,620
- Display Advertising: Combo | WUN AND WURI (6 Months) | $2,430
- Display Advertising: Combo | WUN or WURI (12 months) | $2,880
- Display Advertising: Combo | WUN AND WURI (12 months) | $4,320
Typically a 728×90 (banner) ad OR a 300×300 (square) ad. Ads rotate throughout website. Ads are actionable and click thru to your website/homepage.
- Display Advertising: Single Ad | WUN or WURI (Monthly) | $200
- Display Advertising: Single Ad | WUN AND WURI (Monthly) | $300
- Display Advertising: Single Ad | WUN or WURI (6 Months) | $1,080
- Display Advertising: Single Ad | WUN AND WURI (6 Months) | $1,620
- Display Advertising: Single Ad | WUN or WURI (12 Months) |$1,920
- Display Advertising: Single Ad | WUN AND WURI (12 Months) |$2,880
Powerful branding vehicle allows you to be the community’s expert on a given topic.
- Sponsored Post: You Write (Qty. 1) | $150
- Sponsored Post: You Write (Qty. 6) | $810
- Sponsored Post: You Write (Qty. 12) | $1,440
- Sponsored Post: We Write (Qt. 1) | $300
- Sponsored Posts: We Write (Qty 6) | $1,620
- Sponsored Post: We Write (Qty. 12) | $2,880
Other Things We Do
Host sponsored events, promoted posts, dedicated email blasts, podcasts, video, and more.
Upon receipt of your transaction, we will be in touch within 12 hours to organize and coordinate your advertising campaign.
Custom Campaigns To Fit Your Needs & Budget
We work with our advertisers to craft custom campaigns that are effective at reaching a large, local audience while fitting within their budget.
Want to do something for more than one month but less than 6 month’s? Have a particular situation that doesn’t fit what we’ve included? Get in touch and we’ll be happy to help!
Ready to get started? Contact Ryan Belmore today to get the conversation started about how we can help! Email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com or call 401-662-1653. In most cases, campaigns can get started within just a few hours (if needed).
Want more information about advertising on our sites?
We’re here to help: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-662-1653.
If you’d just like to support What’sUpNewp with a non-tax deductible donation, you can do so here;