You want to know what’s happening, new, and to do in your community. We make it easy.
It was just a few short weeks ago that we announced our What’sUpNewp Member program would go live on May 1st. As we’ve detailed before, the decision to start a Member Program for the site, shall we say, was not easy. It was, in fact, one of the most nerve-wracking choices I’ve ever made. But less than a month into this, however, it’s looking increasingly like it was the right move — and one that sets up a promising future for what we do (and what we’re hoping to do) here in Newport County and across Rhode Island. We have a goal that we would like to hit within three months of the launch of the member program. A few short weeks in, we’ve already crossed 32% of our membership goal.
When you become a member of What’sUpNewp, you get:
- What’sUpNewp Morning Edition, our hand-crafted and curated email newsletter that gets you up-to-speed on all that’s happening, new, and to do across Newport County and across Rhode Island each morning, exclusive to What’sUpNewp members.
- Breaking News Alerts, we’ll email you from time-to-time with news and stories we think you need to know about immediately.
- You’ll have access to a private What’sUpNewp Community Forum Facebook Group, exclusive to What’sUpNewp members.
- You’ll be able to access special deals and discounts, both big and small businesses approach us with exclusive offers that we pass along to members via private email.
- Access to some of our What’sUpNewp content before anyone else.
- Invites, access, and special offers to attend What’sUpNewp events.
- Other surprises. We’re always looking for ways to surprise and delight our members.
And it costs just $5 per month, that’s just $1.25 per week to help to not only maintain the vibrancy of WhatsUpNewp as a significant and reliable source for lifestyle news about Newport, Rhode Island specifically, and Rhode Island generally, but to help us expand our in-depth coverage of significant news events in our community and throughout the area.
We recognize the potential of our site, and we understand the importance of using that to provide responsible, well researched, and vital news coverage for our readers.
Think about how we have become a part of your daily routine, and when considering whether to support us by becoming a member – think about what it would be like without us around.
Delivering worthwhile local news and reporting is truly a community-wide effort. It takes a dedicated staff and a loyal readership working together to make it happen. Your membership says you believe that supporting independent local online news means a better community for all of us. Plus, you get some cool stuff.
Thank you for your support,
Owner of What’sUpNewp
April 17 – An appeal to our readers