With the City of Newport moving their Annual Fireworks Display from July 4th to July 13th, and then from July 13th to July 2nd, we decided to take a look around and see just when else fireworks have been approved to be shot over Newport in 2019.
This list will include all public and private displays (including weddings and special events). As you can see, so far we can expect to see fireworks just three times shot over Newport so far this year. No weddings have been approved for a display just yet.
All fireworks displays must go in front of Newport City Council for approval, so we’ll be sure to keep an eye on any other applications that come down, and will keep this list updated throughout the remainder of the year.
If you dislike fireworks or have a pet that hates fireworks, hopefully, the following information will be of assistance in preparing you for the displays.
Scheduled & Approved 2019 Firework Displays
This story will be updated with more information and firework displays as necessary.
- Saturday, August 17th: Q private fireworks event at Hammersmith Farm. The 14-minute display would take place from 9:45 pm – 9:59 pm, if approved. (approved by Newport City Council on July 10th)
- Wednesday, August 21st: Bank Newport’s 200th Anniversary Celebration. The 18 minute display will take place between 9 pm – 9:30 pm (approved by Newport City Council on July 10th)
- Saturday, August 24th: The Navy Base hosts their annual Salute To Summer celebration at the end of August, this event does include fireworks. Details are still to be announced, but fireworks begin at 9:15 pm.
- Monday, August 26th: Middletown’s Summer Concert Series at Sachuest Beach (AKA Second Beach) will include live music from The Ravers and will conclude with fireworks. Rain date August 27th.
Editor’s Note – An earlier version to this story incorrectly stated for a brief amount of time that the Bank Newport event would be taking place on August 24th. We apologize for this error.
All firework displays are obviously dependent on the weather and subject to change.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Fireworks Display for a wedding will be shot off of a barge off of Belle Mer at 9:45 pm. It will be a approximate 6 minute display. Approved by Newport City Council on June 12th.
- Friday, June 28th – Rhode Island Turnpike & Bridge Authority will host a Pell Bridge 50th Celebration Event that includes a fireworks display. The thirty-minute display is expected to begin at 9:15 pm. Rain date is June 30th.
- Jamestown’s Fourth of July Fireworks will take place on July 1st. Easily viewable from most of the Newport waterfront.
- Tuesday, July 2nd – The City of Newport will be changing up things in 2019 and hosting their Annual Fourth of July Fireworks Display on July 2nd instead of July 4th. The fireworks will be shot off from Fort Adams State Park, are expected to begin around 9:15 pm, and are expected to last fifteen to twenty minutes. There is no rain date.
- Bristol will shoot off their annual fireworks at 9:30 pm on July 3rd.
- Portsmouth will shoot off their annual fireworks around 9:30 pm on July 4th from Escobar’s Farm.
- Portsmouth will also host fireworks on Sunday, July 7th at 9:15 pm in Island Park