Here’s what’s up in and around Newport for this snow-filled day.
- Today:Rain, possibly mixing with snow after 8am, then gradually ending. High near 39. North wind 10 to 17 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight: Clear, with a low around 20. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon
- Today:N winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt, becoming NW 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt in the afternoon. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Rain and snow. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight: NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 35.1 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:14 am | Sunset: 5:40 pm
- High Tide: 6:33 am & 6:46 pm | Low Tide: 12:14 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 26 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Waning Crescent. Moon age is 27 days, lighting is 6%
Things To Do
- Newport Irish Heritage Month continues
- 4 pm – NEAHP Annual Education Conference at Newport Marriott
- 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm – Everybody Knows at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – Teens: Teen Advisory Board (TAB)at Newport Public Library
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Diego’s Newport – Trivia at 10 pm
- Fastnet Pub – Live music with The Ubiquitones at 9:30 pm
- Fifth Element – Live music with The Groove Merchants from 7 pm to 10 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Everybody Knows at 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar – Live music with The Yacht Club Rejects at 9 pm
- Perro Salado- Live music with Julio Amaro from 6 pm to 10 pm
Have a thought on this? Comment below...