Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Patchy fog after 2pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 52. South wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight: Showers, mainly before 1am. Patchy fog before 2am. Low around 43. South wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this afternoon
- Today:SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 5 ft. A chance of showers with isolated tstms. Patchy fog this afternoon with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tonight: SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming W 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Waves around 5 ft. Patchy fog. Showers likely, mainly in the evening. Vsby 1 nm or less, increasing to 1 to 3 nm after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 37.9 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:56 am | Sunset: 6:52 pm
- High Tide: 2:50 am & 3:29 pm| Low Tide: 9:13 am & 8:52 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 56 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: First Quarter Moon. Moon age is 8 days, lighting is 57%.
Things To Do
- Ongoing – 42nd Annual Newport Irish Heritage Month
- 8 am to 1:30 pm – Smart Island Housing Forum at Aquidneck Island Planning
- 9 am – AARP: Free Tax Preparation Services at MLK Center
- 3:30 pm to 1 am – What’s Up Newp’s 4th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Diego’s at Ragged Island
- 4 pm – 5th Ward Stout – Launch Party at Midtown!
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Apollo 11 at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 8 pm – Reggae Night at Taproot Brewing Co.
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Buskers Irish Pub – Live music at 9 pm
- Celtica – Karaoke at 10 pm
- Clarke Cooke House – DJ in the Boom Boom Room at 9 pm
- Diego’s Barrio & Cantina (Middletown) – The Kohaug All Stars at 9 pm
- Fastnet Pub – Live music with The Metabollix at 10 pm
- Firehouse Theater – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8 pm
- Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina – Live music from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Apollo 11 at 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm
- Jo’s Bistro – Live music with John & Joanne from 7 pm to 10 pm
- Karl’s Park Ave Pub (Portsmouth) – Live music at 9 pm
- La Forge Restaurant – Live music with Dave Manuel at 7 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar – What’s Up Newp’s 4th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Midtown Oyster Bar from 3:30 pm to 1 am
- Narragansett Cafe (Jamestown) – Live music with Those Guys at 9 pm
- Newport Blues Cafe – Live music with Felix Brown Band at 10 pm
- Newport Playhouse – Lone Star Love Potion at 6 pm
- One Pelham East – Live music with Clique at 9:30 pm
- Parlor Newport – Live music at 9 pm
- Pour Judgement – Live music at 9 pm
- Speakeasy Bar & Grill – Live music with Chopville at 10 pm
- Surf Club: Live music at 9 pm
- Twin River Casino Hotel (Tiverton) –Live music with Gary & Roger at 6 pm, Live DJ at 9 pm
- Wharf Pub – Live music with Jason Cardinal at 8:30 pm
Have a thought on this? Comment below...